Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Baby Kicks

It's no secret that this has been a most miserable incubation existence for me, and I simply cannot wait to get this little babe outta me. However, I have to confess that there is one (and it may be the ONLY one) positive "side effect" of this pregnancy...

feeling those little baby kicks.

It is absolutely AMAZING and never ceases to bring a smile to my face, to feel a little life inside my body, rolling and moving and poking and kicking around. It is the one thing that I can deal with, that almost makes all the other issues and discomforts bearable... almost. Those precious kicks forge a mother-baby bond that is shockingly strong, even if it is right in the bladder, or up in the ribs. I LOVE it!

(Of course, holding that newborn sweet little baby at the end of nine really long months is what finally makes it all worthwhile.) Come on, June...

2 comments:

Crystal said...

I love what you said. It is so true. And he will be so worth it all. Keep up the hard work mom! You can do it!

Matt and Liz said...

That is one thing I wish I could experience... not all the sick, aching, hard pregnancy stuff. Just to feel a little one inside kicking and wiggling. I'm happy you get those moments to enjoy! I can't wait for you to "hatch" your little one too! :) Andrea, you are amazing! Love ya!