Monday, April 5, 2010

Silly Putty

The Easter Bunny left our kids some silly putty. All was fine and dandy until Bella's bunny rabbit sat in the silly putty and got it matted and stuck in it's fluffy soft hair. We had to cut it out, and it served as a good warning to the kids NOT to let it get in THEIR hair.

Well, in the middle of the night, Aidan woke up screaming because his head was glued to his pillow. Yep, he fell asleep with his silly putty, and of course it got stuck in his hair.

This morning, I still haven't figured out how I'm going to get it out. He may be a 4-yr-old bald boy by the end of the day.

In other news, my wonderful husband has informed me that I need to stop cussing in my blog posts (my bible cuss words, as I like to call them, for I never use true & offensive swear words.) Somtimes, I feel casual cussin' is the best way to emphasize a story or point. But I will attempt to oblige my hunny's wishes...since he is the patriarch of our home who inspires me to be better. (Dang-it!)

Diaries of a Rookie Marathon Mama:
I give up.
Ran 12 miles, felt like I was going to puke, had a headache... If I'm struggling to run half the distance, I don't know how I'll make the full thing. I think I need to do some situps or lunges (some kind of strength training). I'm learning that just running alone isn't going to carry me further.

On that note, I'm going to have a Cadbury Creme Egg for breakfast...

7 comments:

Alison said...

Sorry about the silly putty, at least it is your boy's hair and not one of your girls.
As for the marathon, I know there are several on lint training guides, that tell you training day by day, including strenght training things and all that, My SIL does half marathons and has used them. Good luck.

Joidee Gappmayer said...

Seriously, come do Zumba with me on Tues mornings. :) It will be just the change you need. ;) I can find out about guest passes......
Cadbury eggs are a must for breakfast. :) Ummmm, silly putty out of Aiden's hair. Hmmm. Peanut Butter? Does't that work with gum? I am not sure. Good luck with that!

Burts said...

You are so super funny!

Krista said...

Twelve miles, I would have thrown up! How far is it to my house, there is a Sonic on the way!!!!

Erik said...

Ok,so we googled silly putty in the hair, and successfully removed it by dousing it with Pam cooking spray, then slowly combing it out -worked like a charm, with just a minute of screaming!

Alisa said...

Oh #%$&! I am gonna miss the cussin'.

I think it is amazing that you can run 12 miles. I could never even do that.

Sorry we flaked out on activity days--i totally spaced it with the craziness of afterschool time. We will be making a huge note to put on the table next time so we won't forget (and so Bev won't end up in tear.)

Alisa said...

tears. sorry--I got trigger-happy.