Thursday, April 1, 2010

Reeses Peanut Butter Ban

While running on the "dreadmill" yesterday, I was watching the morning newscast, and the cute little (tiny) weather girl had the nerve to pull out those yummy Reeses Peanut Butter Eggs and eat them in front of me.

First of all, there's nothing as slap-in-the-face-pleasant as watching someone slowly bite into a soft, creamy, salty-sweet Reeses Egg... while you're slaving on the treadmill.

Secondly, since my son is allergic to peanuts, we do not allow any peanut-products into the house, so OF COURSE I crave them - I LOVE Peanut-Butter M&M's, Reeses PB-cups, Butterfingers, PB ice cream, etc...

I have tried sneaking them in and closet-eating them, but twice when I have allowed my delicious treats to be party-food, Aidan has gotten hold of a bite and given me a near-scare. Now he knows to ask me before eating any treats (esp ones from school.)

Today I am still intensely craving those darn Reeses EGGS!! (And when I get a craving, it doesn't go away until I satisfy it!) So if you see me at the store scarfing a Reeses PB egg in the checkout line, you'll know why...

4 comments:

Joidee Gappmayer said...

Oh my goodness! I am laughing so hard. You crack me up! Just know I will be right behind you in that check out line scarfing those just as miserable Cadbury Eggs.....

Jane said...

Want to join me at the cheesecake factory? We'll order peanut buter chocolate cheesecake galore!

Joni said...

You are making me hungry!

Amanda said...

I just found your blog and you are so darn stinkin cute!! I love it- Don't feel bad- I have already eaten most of my kids Easter Candy that I had to buy back in February since they have been off track all of March..LOL. Bring your kids over any time so you can get your runs in. Good luck with your Marathon!!