Monday, December 21, 2009

Merry Christmas To All...

This year, I revolutionized the way I shop for Christmas:
CYBER shopping!
I love LOVE the sound of the doorbell announcing the new UPS box on my doorstep!!

Shopping online ROCKS!

No screaming children, wailing and wanting everything in sight, begging for more candy to eat in the shopping cart, spilling my coke all over my purse and the gifts laying in the cart, hiding gifts on the bottom of the cart only to have my kids say "What's THAT for mom? I want it...NOW!" etc...etc...etc...(YOU know what I'm talking about!)

Presents now just arrive at my house all boxed up, and I can just chuck them in the basement! Wahoo!
(Warning: this could be addicting!)


So, T-minus 4 days and counting, and the things I still have to do:

1 - Put a light bulb into the cold room that I've literally thrown all those boxes of gifts into, so that I can actually SEE them in order to sort and tally them.

2 - Wrap all those presents.

3 - Make Christmas Candy (I have been mooching off my kids treats and neighbor gifts.) I love making almond toffee and peppermint bark and fudge.....mmmmmmm.... That's what's on the menu this week. (...breakfast, lunch, and dinner, for me anyway.)

4 - CLEAN MY HOUSE! Great, family will be coming over and my house looks like a bomb went off in it. Well, maybe that's just what I'll tell them. Who needs to see the floor anyway?
As for clean socks - just go look in the damn sock hamper. Mix and match, create a fun new look for Christmas Cheer. Same goes for clothes.

5 - Start exercising. (Oh for GOODNESS SAKE! You didn't think I was serious, did you?! That's what New Years is for.)

Merry Christmas to you and your family! I love all of our wonderful family and friends, (especially if you read my blog - think Clark Griswold singing "Joy to the World" with a drumroll and cymbals clashing as he plugs in the Christmas lights that don't turn on. Love that movie.)

......and to all, a GOOD NIGHT!

8 comments:

Amber said...

I love it!! I fear spending too much online, as I don't have anything in hand when I pay. But the shopping without kids rocks!!!
As for the socks and clothes I am totally with you. Miss having you and all your funniness next door!

Katie said...

I am right with ya there, babe! My "to do" list is long and I am hoping that somehow a Christmas miracle will occur and it will all get done in time.
In response to Amber's comment I also love having you and all your funniness next door! Amber's loss is definitely my gain!!!

Alison said...

I totally agree with you on the cyber shopping. I've done most of mine that way too. Isn't the week before christmas great!

Natalie said...

I did all of our shopping online as well, but I made the mistake of "running" to Target yesterday to try to get a Tinkerbell Blu Ray for $5 (which was of course out of stock). Fighting the crowds and leaving empty handed is maddening! And I wish I lived by you so I could come and eat your Christmas candy! Have a good one this year - love you!

Krista said...

It really is too bad that it costs so much more to have the gifts wrapped BEFORE they ship. And, to bring your neighbor gifts it is going to take more than just a coat and boots. Get those car keys out and get over here!!!!!

Joni said...

You are TOO funny! Thanks for the laugh. Christmas is a fun time of year but it can get CRAZY! I'm thinking I like Easter best. Anyway, good luck wrapping all those presents. It took me a couple hours yesterday to wrap all my kids presents. Merry Christmas!

R Clan said...

Just thought I would say hello. You are so funny! I may have to try the whole Cyber Shopping thing next year. It would have made a whole lot of things easier this year. Merry Christmas. Miss seeing your smiling face. :)

Jori said...

Hey Andrea. I hope you don't mind, but Anita (works with Erik) shared your blog website with me and as an avid blogger myself I love that I found you guys!!! Your kids are adorable and you both look fantastic. Hope you had a great Christmas and a wonderful New Year! -Jori