Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Rite of Passage -- The Mark of Femininity

I finally joined ranks with women across the globe, and got my EARS PIERCED!

After getting earrings for my birthday 2 years in a row (from very generous and well-meaning friends) I took it as a sign that it was finally my time to be officially inducted into The Hall of FEMININITY.


(Look closely, there are now tiny pretty little earrings in those ears!)



So, I was a little concerned when they made me sign a rather LARGE waiver for the procedure, with many signatures required (does insurance cover this?)



I was expecting heavy artillary, sedatives, lidocaine, and a sucker afterwards.



It actually wasn't that bad!
It was a lot like getting a vaccination shot in my earlobe - brief sting, then nothing, then throbbing later.



I may be the only 30+ yr. old to be seen holding the black teddy bear while perched atop a high chair at Claire's (the symbolic comfort object for girls getting their ears pierced.)

Thanks to my AWESOME friends who psyched me up, brought me to Claire's, commandeered my camera, cheered me on, then took me to dinner afterwards!

10 comments:

Burts said...

Andrea.....you are so cute!!! You rock!

Jane said...

Congratulations, they look great! Let the earing shopping begin, I am going to search for some Edward earings for you. Girls nights out are the best, looks like a great night.

Liz said...

Seriously, I had so much fun last night. It's one of the better GNO's. Thanks for letting us drag you into it. You looked stunning before the earrings but I admit now your are GLAMOROUSLY stunning!

Jillo said...

I am so proud of you! Are you going to make your girls wait until they are 30 something as well? ;)

Evie said...

What fun WE HAVE!:) Thanks for being the entertainment!! You look all grown up now that you have your ears pierced.;)LOVE YA!

McKinlay Family said...

i got my ears pierced 4 years ago this summer. I feel your pain. But it is fun. You are brave. I was so scared too.

McKinlay Family said...

Did you see the fun Diet Coke stuff at the Dollar Spot at Target? I had to grab some to give to my sister. I thought of you.

Alisa said...

Congratulations! I rememeber a few years ago Oprah got her ears pierced on tv. I'm glad you got pictures.

Krista said...

I am so jealous! I wish I had been there with you. You look stunning, as always.

Joni said...

Way to go! I never noticed you didn't have your ears pierced until you pointed it out a few weeks ago. Have fun shopping for earrings. How fun!