Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Treading the Time

Why, oh why,
When I finally get up the guts to go hide out in the smelly dirty basement with the TREADMILL and sweat like a pig, do my children decide to thwart my efforts? Come on kids, can't you see mommy desperately needs this?! They are mostly good, but mostly doesn't get the job done! Something crops into their conniving little mini-minds and they either:

1) FREAK OUT for no reason and start screaming at me to get off and go upstairs.
2) Fight.
3) Need food (every five minutes).
4) Need me to transport every single toy they ever owned from one end of the house to the other, and set up their tent, build a house with blocks, carry the wagon...etc..etc...


All during the relatively small amount of time that I am trying to run on the treadmill. As if it isn't hard enough!!

4 comments:

Burts said...

my kids never need anything until I am actively involved in something else. When I am not they dont want anything to do with me.

Kristi said...

I know what you mean! Even if I get up before anyone else is awake, then that happens to be the morning that both boys wake up early. If I try to do it after I put them to bed, they can't sleep. Even when I go to the qym and leave the kids at the playroom at the gym, there is a potty accident, non-stop crying, a "hitting another kid" incident. Does it ever end?

We are the Mayletts said...

Jonah just wants to get on the treadmill...so we wait for naps. However, some gigantic tragedy occurs every 6 minutes between London and Carson. Ahhhh!

Jillo said...

It is the secret code of all children. Anytime their parents want just 2 minutes to do something non-kid related, they must do all they can to sabotage the attempt. \
Currently, Lucy is screaming her head off for who knows why. I promise as soon as I get off the computer, all will once again be well in Lucy land. Mission accomplished.