Monday, April 27, 2009

Supermassive Music

I am trying...TRYING...to catch up to my running goals this week. I have a gut feeling that when I attempt to run this half-marathon thingy in like a month and a half, that they will be rolling my limp lifeless body across the finish line on a stretcher. And I will most definitely have a diet coke in one hand and a chocolate donut in the other, saying "Whee! What a ride!"

So, I am looking for more great running music - because if ANYTHING can stall the grim reaper at this race, it's my ipod. Please PLEASE share with me your favorite motivational tunes!

Here are my top 10 running songs at present, that completely rock my world and make me MOVE.

1) "Supermassive" by Muse
2) "Starlight" by Muse
3) "Sound of Pulling Heaven Down" by Blue October
4) "You Make Me Smile" by Blue October
5) "Angels on the Moon" by Thriving Ivory
6) "Friends and Family" by Trik Turner
7) "Standing Outside a Broken Phonebooth" by Primitive Radio Gods
8) "Loser" by Beck
9) "Map of the Problematique" by Muse
10) "Sing for Absolution" by Muse


(I dare anyone to try to sit still through Supermassive - I simply can't. It's actually the perfect song to do dishes to, or dance around the family room with the vacuum. That's what I'm talking about!)

7 comments:

Evie said...

Here are a few on my excercise playlist, "Untouched" by the Veronicas, "Ultraviolet light" by U2, "Taper Jean Girl" by Kings of Leon,"Under Pressure" by David Bowie, "With You" By Chris Brown "Disappear" by INXS, "Leaving Town" by Dexter Freebish. I have lots more!!:) Hope you like some of these, I know they keep me going when I hear them. Keep up the good work!:) You already look amazing, but it does feel so good to get into a good workout routine!

Janna said...

Beautiful Day, U2.
Brandon wants to know what half marathon you are running?

Maryann said...

I love your taste in Music! I am constantly changing my music workout list to keep it fresh and motivating. Love Muse,Killers,Pink... I also like some hip hop when I am working out. I like Right Round Flo rider,Let it Rock Kevin Rudolf and Lil Wayne,Put a ring on it Beyonce. I love Paramore.Hope that helps.=) Have fun!

Joni said...

I have no idea about music, I don't keep up with that but I did want to tell you that Audrey's pictures were taken at JC Penney. I know you have been there before. We have a portrait club there so we always go there for pictures, but you could use our good friend Jane too.

Jillo said...

I am embarrassed to admit it, but I love 80's techno. Pet Shop Boys, Duran Duran, etc..
I also really like show tunes. Wicked or Phantom of the Opera do wonders with my motivation.

Kristi said...

my favs for working out are: (in no particular order) Pretender, by Foo Fighters: Everythings Magic, by Angles and Airwaves; Dance Floor Anthem, by Good Charlotte; Lights and Sounds by Yellowcard; Oceans Avenue by Yellowcard; Light Up the Sky, also by Yellowcard; and Decode by Paramore. Good luck!

Alisa said...

Okay, right now the song that gets me going is Poker Face, Lady Gaga. It is kind of embarrassing how much I like that song right now--great to work out to.