Friday, November 21, 2008

Twilight Movie Review

Here it is: The movie is great!
Now here's my in-depth analysis of it:

First off, it is absolutely hysterical - I was laughing almost the entire way through the film. Wasn't expecting to laugh so much! That surprised me (and delighted me). It was soooo high school-ish. And if watching the social scene of high school isn't a crack-up, I don't know what is. (Makes me wonder if teenagers thought it funny too.)

Secondly, the characters they chose to play the roles are teriffic. Alice (my favorite), Rosalie, Emmett, Jessica, & Mike were all absolutely fabulous! Yes, Bella and Edward were good in their roles too. Again, wasn't expecting to laugh so much!

Third, if you haven't read the book, you won't get as much. The movie is somewhat choppy and not totally cohesive. (Or maybe that's just because the book is sooooo detailed.)

Fourth, it just isn't gonna cut it for the husbands. Nope. I think Erik would look at me like, "This is what you've been addicted to??" I picture him shaking his head saying "What's going on? What are you laughing at? This is cheesy." through the whole thing.

Fifth, you can tell this was made by a small studio. Hopefully they gross in so much on Twilight that they have an unlimited budget for the future films and have amazing special effects and realism, drama and horror, passion and love.

Overall, if you love the book (and who doesn't) the movie is very entertaining, but a far cry from matching the real passionate drama of the book. Don't go in with high expectations, and you'll enjoy it (even if it is for the comic relief.) I like that I can keep the movie and book separate and love them both for different reasons (and yet the same storyline.)

My favorite scenes (that you'll have to see to understand why):
1) When Bella walks into Biology for the first time.
2) Baseball - (Simply fun to watch vampire baseball come alive).
3) Every scene with Jessica (loved her character! Hated her in the book, loved her in the movie!)
4) Bella & Charlie's relationship.
5) Dinner at the Cullens'.
(None of these would be my favorite picks out of the book - evidence to how the movie differs in what it captures.)

Now go see it and tell me what you think!

9 comments:

Annie P said...

perfect review. i can't think clearly enough to write it the way you did but I agree. after that night - i might be needing that run to sonic to make it through the day- though. :)

Jen Love said...

Thanks for the great review. I can't go for a couple of days, and I was dying to hear what people thought! Thanks.

AllieSun said...

I'm a reble. I havn't read the books and have no interest in doing so. My book club read them but I just don't like vampire books. They are all going to see the movie for our Christmas party, I told them that I'd meet them at the restaraunt after.

Jane said...

I wouldn't expect it to be funny either but I keep hearing that. So glad you liked it.

Maryann said...

Andrea!! I just went and saw it and completely agree with you,except for one thing... My husband liked it!!I know I was alittle surprised too,but he did!!Loved that part were Bella walked in to Biology class!!I can't wait to see it again!SOON!!!

Evie said...

Couldn't have said it better!!

KRISTA said...

So, have you looked at Stephenie's Website? Newmoon is starting!!!!!! I can't wait to see Twilight, only if you'll go with me.

Amber said...

I wanted more! 2 hours just wasn't enough for me. Can't wait to see it again with my sister on Friday. My imagination is better than the movie, but it was great to see another view of how Edward "sparkled".

Jill O said...

Thanks for the nice words you left on my blog! That totally made my day.
As you know, I loved this movie. It has become my new obsession. And the soundtrack is awesome. Wanna go see it again with me?