Friday, October 3, 2008

So SICK of being sick!

Yep, our little fam is all sick AGAIN (for the bazillionth time lately.) Fevers, coughs, sore throats, lots of snot, ornery kids.....on and on and on. Is this the story of my life?! What a pathetic, redundant story indeed.
I've had an awful sore throat all week, so finally this morning when I woke up I said, "Enough! I'm going for the big guns today." And I took a Lortab. I'm sorry, the pansy Tylenol and Ibu just doesn't help. I can finally swallow without grimacing, although it still didn't wipe out all the pain. Maybe I need two? Anyway, I feel like I can at least get through the day today. (Though I will need to make a Sonic run during Happy Hour for my quick pick-me-up.)
At least I know what my kids are going through, which makes me a little empathetic to their tears and tantrums right now - instead of just whacking some sense into them, I give them a cool drink and some medicine (no, not Lortab, duh) and a blanky, and we watch movies all day.
I'm getting really tired of Little Bear and Barbie Princess. My kids think they own the remote. Well, if it keeps the peace, they do.

8 comments:

Burts said...

Andrea, You probably have strep!! I am sorry you are all so sick, do you want me to go and get your diet coke for you today?!

Maryann said...

That's so lame! I hope it is Strep,then you guys and get on antibotics and get rid of it quicker!
Let me know if I can do anything to help.

Evie said...

OH Andrea WHEN will you learn? Slipping a little Loratab in your wee ones sippers is not a crime!! It just will knock them out for a couple of hours and give you your much deserved key to the remote! Just kidding of course that thought NEVER crosses MY mind. I wish I could offer you some help, but my babes are sickly as well! Hopefully we can all get better so we can hang out NEXT Friday! Happy Conference Weekend to you, hope it gets healthier for you!

Amber said...

Andrea, what will we do with you? You need to get healthy because our kids ned to play!! Hope you get better soon.

Jane said...

Your family really is always sick! You are supposed to have a week off after having 5 kids for so long. Get better soon and lets get together. I got your card in the mail, you are too nice. I love ya.

The Snow's said...

Let me know what I can do for you. My kids are missing yours. Hope the conference weekend gives you a little time to relax at home.

David and Angie said...

Hey Andrea! I'm so sorry to hear you're sick. A royal family (like King and Queen Bengtzen) should have royal attendants to take care of wiping the snot, fetching the Diet Coke and administering the Lortabs. Royal privileges just aren't what they used to be.

What a cute blog you have! I hope you don't mind that I checked it out. Your border is just like the scarf I bought at that party at your house :). Do you mind if I add your blog to our Friend List? Our blog is spgl.blogspot.com if you'd like to check ours out.

Is there anything I can get you from the store today or tomorrow? Whenever I'm sick I just wish someone would go to the store for me! What can I do?

Alissa said...

Andrea--I found your blog on Facebook--you look great (besides being sick). What cute kids you have! I just had my first baby--it's been fun! Alissa