Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Baby of Mine

Here's to appreciating babyhood!

With my first baby, time was in slow motion. Every day was complete and revolved around the baby. I enjoyed and documented every moment. The second baby, I sadly can hardly remember his baby days (I understand that second-child syndrome my sister always had now.) The third baby, time just flies. I can't believe she'll be 6 months old in a few days. I now make a concerted effort to remember her baby days because I know how fleeting they are. I love every minute of her sweet grins when she sees my face, her cute chubby thighs, how she sucks her thumb, all her cute clothes and bows, and her adorable baby noises. I know I can't take any of it for granted.




At least I've taken pictures of all of their baby years so that one day I can create an amazing scrapbook to remember them (and hopefully I won't look at all those photos and say "who is that?" and "when was this?")

10 comments:

Burts said...

It makes me sad when I look at Josh! But I also know he is my last so it makes it extra sad for me!

Jill O said...

She is just beautiful. So sweet. My baby girl said "no more" to bows and flowers. Makes me kinda sad, but I am sure she will come around again someday. Time really does seem to fly by when it comes to my kids. My baby turns one soon and I can't believe that!

Maryann said...

Andrea! I can't believe she is 6 months already! Where did the time go?I love the flower head band. She is so precious. I miss babies.=(

Liz said...

Six months?! I don't believe you :) Here's to the next six months - may they be just as fun!

Jane said...

She just keeps getting cuter, I love that smiling picture. You will be planning her first birthday party before you know it. My twins first year of life is pretty much a blur. Thank goodness for journals, pictures and videos.

Evie said...

Andrea I must say you make amazingly adorable babies! Course that comes as no surprise seeing who their mother is!

Giggles20037 said...

She is so cute. All your kids are just growing up to fast. I think all of them do that. I can't believe how mine are growing up. It is crazy.

Jen Love said...

what a pretty baby girl. I miss my baby days so much! Banks has grown up way too fast. I think that it is because he has two older brothers that teach him everything. Enjoy her so much, she is so cute!

Jenny said...

seriously Beautiful!!!

Melody Wright said...

Andrea, you so have it right on. One of the only memories I really have of my Porter boy, number 3(who was born before my oldest turned 3), was a day that a friend without any children kidnapped the girls for a few hours and I just held him, the whole time. I hadn't realized I was missing it! I hadn't realized how much I needed it. But then life started whizzing by again. These last two, I have tried to just stop and breathe in their scent, savor the moment when I am rocking them in my arms. It is to easy to not live in the moment. Do you know that John Mayer song about seeing something with his own eyes for the first time, because he wasn't trying to take a picture? that's how I feel - I want to truly experience these moments so I can remember them even without the pictures. You said it so perfectly!