Monday, September 8, 2008

Soccer Disaster

So Jordan just started a season of soccer, and Erik is her coach. Yay fun. Or so we thought. They had their first game Saturday and it went like this:

As soon as the game begins, Jordan runs OFF the field, screaming she doesn't want to play. Then she runs back ON the field, chasing Erik who is trying to ref & coach the game, screaming "Hold me Daddy, HOLD ME!!"
Meanwhile Daddy's Boy Aidan is sobbing on my lap for Daddy, and he wriggles free and runs out onto the field to Erik screaming "I want Daddy!" So Erik picks him up and is running down the field with him in his arms, and Jordan clinging to his leg.
Meanwhile Bella is crying cause she's hungry, so I've got her in my arms trying to feed her discreetly on the sideline while I'm struggling to round up the screaming other two! WHAT THE CRAP?!
So I give up, load all 3 of them in the car, and leave Erik coaching the team his daughter is supposed to be on! After an hour of fierce tantrums, they all fall asleep. I don't know if this is going to work out as well as we thought (isn't this supposed to be fun?!)

8 comments:

Burts said...

Sorry, I know that must have been stressful but I am laughing just a little bit because as moms we can all relate! Hope next week is better:)

Amber said...

That sounds like a very crazy soccer game. It made me giggle since I can totally see it all happening in my head. Sorry it was so stressful. It has to be better next time, ...fingers crossed!!

Evie said...

Sounds like Eric got the better deal!;) He got to stay and play soccer, you had all three screaming kids!Glad they fell asleep:)

The Snow's said...

My biggest question is how you got all three back to the car without Daddy? Sorry you had to deal with that. Maybe it will be better next week. You could always leave Aiden here with us while you go.
Just a thought.

Jane said...

Oh dear,that doesn't sound at all fun. But it sure does make for a funny memory!

KRISTA said...

LOL ;> Now you know my pain. I try to be the supportive soccer mom, but I HATE it. I hope it gets better for you!

Jen Love said...

I remember soccer games like that. It is so much better now that i don't have a baby to take care of. It really does get better sooner than you think. If we are games are close next week, we will have to see if Banks will come Play with Aidan to keep him busy! Good luck next week.

mb said...

That sounds like fun! He he he. I did similar things when I played soccer at her age. She might love it after a few times. By the way, your kids are adorable. (This is Martha)