Friday, August 22, 2008

Crazy Nights

Have you ever had a night like this?

The baby wakes up 3 times in the night to nurse.

The 2 yr old wakes up because his "heater" (fan) isn't on, or his door isn't open all the way, or his light isn't on, or he wants you to hold him and rock him, ...

The 4 yr old wakes up and wants a drink of water, then asks you to read her a book (at 2am?!), then wants you to sleep in her bed, then wants another drink.

The husband has so much work to do that he's on his computer in the study until 2am, then goes backpacking with scouts the next day (he's probably more exhausted than I am.)

Tonight I think I'll lock my bedroom door, put in some ear plugs, and let the kids put themselves to sleep! (But then I'd have to clean up the mess in the morning, as well as deal with the police reports from neighbors who called the cops because of all the screaming children...)

9 comments:

Liz said...

I was wondering why you weren't at the pool today!! No wonder you didn't come - I wouldn't have either. I won't call the police on you if you don't call them on me!

Janna said...

Oh YES, I remember those kind of nights!! I had a baby, an almost 2 year old, and an almost 4 year old once upon a time. Now they are 8, 10, and almost 12 and I don't know where the time went. I hope you get a better night sleep tonight!! Good Luck!

Burts said...

Ugh, Andrea, so sorry!! I think I am so used to no sleep that I have just learned to function without it. I will say that most of the time it is just my brain not turning off and then when you do doze there is a sweet child in your face:)

Annie P said...

I am so sad. I hate those kind of nights. And now I am reminded of how scared I am to have another baby in the house. Excited but scared. I hate those nights of choppy sleep. If Kenyon were better, I would be there to steal a couple of kids so you could nap.

The Snow's said...

Just send the kids over so you can take a nap! Holly and Ally would be thrilled to have them come over.

Evie said...

I have NO idea what you are talking about, my kids ALWAYS sleep through the night, only speak when spoken to, and do what I say WHEN I say it. I feel bad for the rest of you though, sounds awful.....don't worry help is on the way, I am writing a book on parenting. ;) HEHE if only... well Andrea at least you don't need your beauty sleep since you are already so beautiful, but hopefully you can get some good sleep tonight!

KRISTA said...

Next time call me! You know I am up at 2am regardless of the day. What would one more stop be? You can always tell the kids if they aren't going back to sleep I have a job for them. Bwahaha :} And I am always up for holding Beautiful Baby Bella.

Amber said...

I wish I could say, 'nope I have no idea what you are talking about' but then I would have to come back to my reality. Those nights are the worst, hope you got some sleep!

Liz said...

I agree with you, Eve. I can't believe you haven't trained your kids to rub your feet, bring you Diet Coke, and then put themselves to bed. If you came to my house that's what you'd see (you just wouldn't see my whip that I carry around too).